13 Mar COVID-19 Client Information
SportsFit Physio & Health is currently still operating our usual business hours and providing our services of Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Remedial Massage, Dietitian & Nutrition, Clinical Exercise, Pilates and Hand Therapy.
The health and safety of our clients and staff are always our number one priority, and we understand there is growing concern amongst the community in regards to coronavirus (COVID-19). We are regularly following advice from the Department of Health and Human Services, and by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) regarding protocols for our practice. On recent advice, there is no extra cause for worry, but it is a collective responsibility to help minimise the transmission and impact of the virus.
It is business as usual and although we have always maintained a high level of hygiene practice, we do wish to highlight some further measures we are taking:
- More hand sanitizer at reception, in and outside out Clinical Pilates studio for clients and staff;
- Our reception desk, waiting room and studio will be disinfected regularly throughout the day;
- We are providing paper towel to dry hands in our bathrooms;
- Our exercise equipment (weights, reformers, trapeze table, treadmill, bike) will be disinfected after use.
- Reminding all Clinical Exercise clients to bring their own clean towel to place over equipment and mats, which should be washed after each class.
What changes will affect our clients
At this stage hopefully nothing will change for most of our clients. We advise;
- Everyone to take good hygiene measures including:
- Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to your appointment. If you don’t have access to a basin then utilise hand sanitizer;
- If coughing or sneezing, please use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth, then immediately dispose of. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow;
- Avoid touching your eyes, face and mouth.
- If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat) to see your GP and please contact the clinic to reschedule your appointment when you are well.
- If you have been advised to self quarantine for 14 days (travelled from a high risk area or been in direct contact with another person with confirmed coronavirus), to not attend the clinic until after your quarantine period and you are feeling well.
If you have any questions please contact our friendly reception team.
We will continue to update you if there are any further changes.
For further information, please visit: