14 Oct COVID Update 15th October
Firstly, we thank the whole SportsFit Community for their understanding, encouragement and support during these challenging times.
As we progress to achieving our vaccination goals as per Victoria’s Public Health Roadmap: Delivering the National Plan, we would like to announce some changes to our services in the coming weeks and new COVID safety approaches which will be implemented for the safety of our staff and clients.
As of 22nd October 2021 we are excited to announce:
- We will be able to increase access to our services to include more routine and preventative care.
- This includes on-site routine physiotherapy, podiatry, hand-therapy and remedial massage therapy.
Throughout the pandemic, SportsFit has endeavoured to ensure the safety of our team, our clients, our families and the community. With this in mind and following the Public Health advice:
Any person (16 years and older) attending onsite from 22nd October 2021, must provide evidence they:
- are fully vaccinated with two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, or
- have received their first dose and have a booking to receive a second dose by 15 December 2021, or
- have a medical exemption to be vaccinated evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner*, or
- have proof of a negative COVID test and isolation in the previous 48 hours.
This decision has been made utilising the best evidence currently available and will continue to be reviewed as further health information becomes available.
What will the process be?
From October 22nd 2021, on entering the clinic, evidence of vaccination status (or exemption) or negative COVID test result within the last 48 hours must be shown to a SportsFit team member. For vaccination status this can be done through linking your vaccination status to your Services Victoria app or showing your vaccination PDF available through MyGov.
What other safety measures are in place?
At SportsFit, we will continue to implement over and above all health recommendations whenever they are announced. These include, but are not limited to:
- As per DHHS requirements for Healthcare, all our team members are already double vaccinated.
- All frequent touch surfaces cleaned between clients with a full clinic clean between shifts
- Our team are working in split shifts to further reduce the likelihood of cross infection and maximise continuity of service if we are exposed to a positive case
- Isolating and/or testing as required any team members who may be considered a contact of a positive case as soon as that information is known
- Rapid antigen testing for any team members who have been in recent contact with a person who has subsequently been tested and is awaiting their results.
- Adherence to PPE requirements as recommended within allied healthcare
Stay safe, stay connected and we look forward to welcoming you back to the clinic very soon.
*Authorised Medical Practitioners to provide a medical vaccine exemption include:
- general practice registrars on an approved 3GA training placement
- public health physicians
- general physicians
- infectious disease physicians
- clinical immunologists
- GPs who are vocationally registered
- GPs who is a fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- GP who is a fellow of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine