11 Dec Dietitian Recipe: Breakfast Muffins for On-The-Go!
We all know December can be a hectic time with work, end of school, shopping and a hectic social calendar. Also this is the time we often over-indulge in the foods and drink we should have in moderation. Do you often find yourself racing out the door to get things done? Or do you deliberately skip meals after a social event, in order to keep your calories down?
Skipping or missing important meals may result in:
- Lowered nutrition. You are missing out on important nutrients each day. These are very important to keep your body healthy.
- Reduced energy. You wouldn’t drive a car without petrol, so why operate your body without fuel.
- Reduced concentration and emotional function. I bet Chadstone car park would be a lot more pleasant if everyone ate their breakfast.
- Unhealthy dietary habits. Potentially making yourself hungrier throughout the day and sourcing unhealthy food options to fuel your energy.
Thankfully our Dietitians are here to help you through the ‘Silly Season’ with this easy and nutritious recipe. This diet recipe is made with Eggs and Zucchinis, so it will ensure you get a great boost of proteins and numerous vitamins to start the day correctly. This is also very low in calories- ensuring you can stay healthy and keep the calories down!
Just investing in a little preparation time, can help you make several meals in advance.
1 medium zucchini, grated
2 tbsp. milk
1 medium carrot, grated
3 green onions (shallots), thinly sliced
½ cup frozen peas
1 cup reduced fat tasty cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan forced). Spray muffin tin with olive oil.
- Ensure grated zucchini has excess moisture removed.
- Whisk eggs with milk in large bowl. Add in zucchini, carrot, green onions and peas. Season with tasty cheese.
- Evenly spoon mixture into muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are golden.