22 Oct GLA:D is coming to SportsFit
Do you suffer with hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA)? We are excited to announce GLA:D is coming to Glen Iris and Malvern East to help you!
GLA:D®, or Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark, is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark which has been proven to help people with hip or knee OA symptoms.
What is the GLA:D program exactly?
GLA:D™ Australia is a program for all individuals who experience any hip and/or knee OA symptoms, regardless of severity or stage. Run by GLA:D certified physiotherapists, the program combines education sessions and supervised exercise sessions, which reflects the latest evidence in osteoarthritis (OA) research. It also includes feedback from people with OA and trainers on what works in the real world to help patients manage OA symptoms.
It consists of:
- A first appointment explaining the program and collecting data on your current functional ability;
- Two education sessions which teach you about OA, how the GLA:D™ Australia exercises improve joint stability, and how to retain this improved joint stability outside of the program;
- Group neuromuscular training sessions twice a week for six weeks to improve muscle control of the joint which leads to reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life.
Read HERE for further details of the program.
When is the program run?
The supervised exercise classes and seminars are run over a 6 week period, with:
- Classes every Tuesday and Thursday from 11am-12pm
- Educational Seminars on Thursday (12pm-1pm) during Week 1 and Week 4 of the program
- Assessments done prior to the 6 weeks and at a 3 month follow up
Our first GLA:D™ Australia program begins in November 2019 with the following program dates;
- Supervised exercise classes starting on 12th November 2019 for 6 weeks and finishing on 19th December 2019.
- Educational Seminar 1 (Thursday Nov 14th 12pm-1pm) and Seminar 2 (Thursday Dec 5th 12pm-1pm)
- NOTE: To attend you must complete your initial assessment prior to 12th Nov to begin this program
What is the costs?
The total cost of the program is $650.
We are currently offering a special rate of $540 for our November Program.
The program is claimable under private health insurance.
Where do I book?
To start the program book HERE for your assessment. Alternatively you can call our friendly admin team on 8840 8066.
We acknowledge GLA:D Australia for providing their resources.