24 Jan GLA:D Hip and Knee Program in Glen Iris
Do you suffer with hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA)? We are excited that in 2020 we will again be running the GLA:D Hip and Knee Program in Glen Iris and Malvern East!
GLA:D®, or Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark, is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark which has been proven to help people with hip or knee OA symptoms.
What is the GLA:D program exactly?
GLA:D™ Australia is a program for all individuals who experience any hip and/or knee OA symptoms, regardless of severity or stage. Run by GLA:D certified physiotherapists, the program combines education sessions and supervised exercise sessions, which reflects the latest evidence in osteoarthritis (OA) research. It also includes feedback from people with OA and trainers on what works in the real world to help patients manage OA symptoms.
It consists of:
- A first appointment explaining the program and collecting data on your current functional ability;
- Two education sessions which teach you about OA, how the GLA:D™ Australia exercises improve joint stability, and how to retain this improved joint stability outside of the program;
- Group neuromuscular training sessions twice a week for six weeks to improve muscle control of the joint which leads to reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life.
Read HERE for further details of the program.
When is the program run?
In 2020, our GLA:D™ Australia program begins on 3rd February 2020. You must complete your initial assessment before joining the exercise classes and you can commence your exercise program at any time.
The supervised exercise classes and seminars are run over a 6 week period, with:
- Classes are held on Monday (2-3pm), Thursday (2-3pm) and Saturdays (8-9am)
- Assessments done prior to the 6 weeks and at a 3 month follow up
What is the cost?
The total cost of the program is $650.
The program is claimable under private health insurance.
Where do I book?
To start the program book HERE for your assessment. Alternatively you can call our friendly admin team on 8840 8066.
We acknowledge GLA:D Australia for providing their resources.