07 Jan Lemon Honey Soy Salmon with Greens and Quinoa
Posted at 15:12h in Uncategorized
Enjoy this tasty recipe for summer, courtesy of Harriet Walker (SDA member)
- 4 150g salmon portions (approx. 1200g)
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs dark soy
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 cm grated ginger
- 100g quinoa
- 11/4Cups water
- 250g sweet potato
- 2 spring onions
- 200g broccoli
- 75g pine nuts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Chop sweet potato into 1cm cubes, lightly coat in olive oil and bake for 25-30 minuted until soft.
- In a small pan, heat and mix lemon juice, honey and soy into a glaze and paint the individual salmon fillets. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through – cooking time will depend on fillet thickness.
- Add water and quinoa to a pan with a pinch of salt and simmer until cooked for approximately 15 minutes.
- Boil a pan of water and blanch broccoli for 2 min until just soft, remove from water and refresh in cold water.
- Chop broccoli into small florets.
- Finely slice spring onion.
- In a hot pan, dry cook pine nuts for 1 minute, stir continuously until lightly browned.
- Add quinoa, sweet potato cubes, broccoli, and pine nuts into a bowl. Mix through 2 tbs olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon quinoa mixture evenly into four dishes and top with a baked fillet. Serves 4
- Energy kg 2276
- Protein (g) 37
- Fat (g) 32
- Saturated Fat (g) 5
- Carbohydrate (g) 27
- Sugars (g) 11
- Fibre (g) 5
First published on harrietwalker.com.au