31 May Winter Recipe
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
Nutritionist Georgia Walker has chosen this awesome slow cooker recipe to help warm you up during these winter months.
Fun fact: A slow cooker set on low for an 8-hour day uses about the same amount of electricity as a light bulb!
- 1 kg chicken thighs de-boned roughly chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 2 leeks diced
- 425 g canned diced tomato
- 4 cups butternut pumpkin diced
- 425 g canned chickpeas rinsed
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs lemon rind grated
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- 1/4 cup coriander finely chopped
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- Bag of baby spinach
- Place all the ingredients, except the lemon juice and sultanas, in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sultanas and heat for 15-30 minutes.
- SportsFit’s hot tip from nutritionist Georgia Walker- Stir in a bag of baby spinach toward the end of the slow cooking to add some veggies into this yummy recipe.
- Serve with couscous and a garnish of coriander and enjoy!
This original recipe is courtesy of Australia’s Best Recipes