24 Sep That’s a wrap to the 2019 SKOBFC season
SportsFit were proud again to be involved with the St Kevin’s Old Boys Football Club (SKOBFC) for the 2019 season, with Brad continuing his role as Head Physiotherapist of the Club. After roughly doing 500 ankle tapes, 15o shoulder tapes, 300 thumb tapes and 50 knee tapes; rubs and rehab; and standing on the side-lines in sunshine, hail, gale-force winds and torrential rain; it again came down to the final game of the VAFA William Buck Competition.
Hoping for a three-peat for the Men’s Seniors, it unfortunately wasn’t to be with us losing to a very classy University Blues team in the Grand Final. This shouldn’t overshadow what was otherwise another amazing year from the football club. Some of the key highlights of the season included:
- The Women’s Saints team winning the Premier Division Grand Final (Read HERE for more details about the Saints season)
- The Masters teams going back-t0-back Premiers
- The Men’s Seniors and Under 23’s making it to their respective Grand Finals
- The Men’s Reserves, Thirds, Under 19 C’s and Women’s Saints Blues all making the finals
- Anthony ‘Plugger’ Lynch helping the senior team to a third successive A-Grade Grand Final in his final season. Although he didn’t get the fairy-tale finish, that won’t take away from such a decorated career in the SKOBFC jumper and his legacy as a champion player and leader.
- The AFL debut of Tom Jok for Essendon Football Club. Tom, a 2018 SKOBFC Premiership star, was recruited to Essendon via last year’s Rookie draft and showed he deserves be on the big stage. Looking forward to seeing what the 2020 brings for him.
- The drafting of Ned Reeves to Hawthorn, who is also another 2018 Premiership gun. Yet to debut, but keep an eye out for Ned in the next few years- he’s hard to miss with his height.
The success of the club is testament to all the people involved with SKOBFC, and we thoroughly love our affiliation. We do remind all players registered for 2019 you are still eligible for the sponsored rates for our services. So to get on top of those post-season injuries give our friendly reception a call or BOOK ONLINE.