28 Feb Autumn healthy recipe
Posted at 07:46h in Uncategorized
Chargrilled pumpkin and haloumi salad with chickpeas
Our Glen Iris Dietitian has chosen this tasty salad recipe (via Sally Parker) for you to enjoy this Autumn.
- 800g Kent pumpkin, sliced
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into wedges
- 120g haloumi, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 oranges, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups baby rocket
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Step 1 Preheat a large chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to high. Spray pumpkin, eggplant and haloumi with olive oil; sprinkle with cumin. Cook the vegetables in the pan (or on hotplate), turning once, for 5–10 minutes, or until tender. Add haloumi slices and cook, turning once, for 1–2 minutes, or until soft.
- Step 2 Place cooked vegetables and haloumi on a serving platter, then scatter with the chickpeas, orange segments, walnuts and baby rocket.
- Step 3 Drizzle salad with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with cracked black pepper and serve. Serves 4
Nutrition Info (per serve):
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 4.1g
Dietary fibre 14.2g
Original source of recipe and photo: