Who would Physio Online (Telehealth) benefit?
Book a Telehealth Physio appointment HERE.
Alternatively you can call us on (03) 8840 8066.
Can I claim this under private health?
You will need check with your individual health fund. Certain health funds will cover online physio from Tuesday 14th April subject to certain conditions. This includes:
- The customer is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the customer has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
- pelvic floor muscle training,
What are the costs?
$60 for a 30min Physio consult
$70 for a 45min 1:1 Clinical Exercise consult
How can you diagnose without face-face and touching?
Our highly experienced practitioners through the use of clinical reasoning, thorough questioning and observing you move will be able to provide an accurate diagnosis. Evidence has shown Telehealth consults are just as accurate as face-face consults.
How do physiotherapists treat without touching?
Traditionally physiotherapists have utilised hands-on techniques to help clients recover and rehabilitate. However in the majority of cases education and exercise is the best medicine, and this is something we can easily deliver via Telehealth.
How do I pay?
Currently we are taking payments over the phone or can process payments via a HICAPS Go App (for clients that have this), and we will email your invoice to you.